Summit K12 utilizes some of the most advanced technology for Internet security available today. When you access our site using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to registered Users in your organization. Your data will be completely inaccessible to your competitors.
Summit K12 provides each User in your organization with a unique username and password that must be entered each time a User logs on. Summit K12 issues a session “cookie” only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. The session “cookie” does not include either the username or password of the user. Summit K12 does not use “cookies” to store other confidential user and session information, but instead implements more advanced security methods based on dynamic data and encoded session IDs.
In addition, Summit K12 is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
DISCLAIMER FOR CALIFORNIA USERS.
Company Name: Summit K12 Holdings, Inc.
Address: PO Box 26841, Austin, Texas, 78755
Website URL: www.summitkl2.com
Website Name: Summit K12
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED.
Internet or Other Similar Network Activity. Browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website or application.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Using the website, we collect certain information from your activity on our website, starting when you first arrive and accessing it on an electronic device. We may collect your IP address, device ID, advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, pages visited (including clicks and duration), and other related log information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may use or disclose your Personal Information for the following purpose:
- To get feedback on website improvements and generally provide an overall better experience
- For testing, research, and analysis of user behavior on the website.
- To protect against fraud, safeguard data, and the general security of the website.
- To detect security incidents, verify human users, and avoid being subject to malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- Intended Purpose. As described for the intended purpose when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restricting, reorganizing, dissolution, or outright sale, either wholly or partially, of our assets in which your Personal Information becomes a part of such sale.
RIGHT AND CHOICES.
This Section describes your rights and choices regarding how we collect, share, use, and protect your Personal Information, how to exercise those rights, and limits and exceptions to your rights and choices.
- a) Exceptions. The rights and choices in this Section do not apply to you if the information being collected is:
- Aggregate consumer information;
- Deidentified Personal Information; and Publicly available information.
- b) Access to Information. If the above exceptions do not apply, and you have not made this request more than twice in a 12-month period, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months from the date we receive your request. Once we receive and confirm your request on your behalf, we will disclose it to you or your representative:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling such Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information for a business or commercial purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in a form that you can take with you (also called a “Data Portability Request”).
- c) Deletion (Erasure) Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collect from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from our records unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those for such activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws when the businesses’ deletion of the Personal Information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal and lawful uses of such Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- d) Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, deletion rights, or any other rights mentioned herein, a consumer or a consumer’s authorized agent may submit a verifiable request to us by using the contact details mentioned herein.
- e) Requests.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability in relation to this Section. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information is related to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided via a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- f) Authorized Agent.
An authorized agent is any person or legal entity registered with the Secretary of State or similar office that you have authorized to act on your behalf. If a request is made by an authorized agent acting on your behalf, we may require the following:
- Submission of evidence by you with your permission for the authorized agent to submit a verifiable request on your behalf;
- For you to directly acknowledge, via electronic communication, that the authorized agent is allowed to act on your behalf;
- Require the authorized agent to verify their identity; or
- For a power of attorney document to be submitted that is signed in accordance with state law.
We reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf and cannot verify their own identity to us.
- g) Response Timing and Format.
As required under privacy laws, we agree to respond to any verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, with a maximum of 90 days, we will inform you, in writing, of the reason. Such notification will be by e-mail unless there is another preferred communication method provided.
If applicable, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the Personal Information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
No fee will be charged to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods, services, and offerings, including through granting
discounts or other benefits, imposing penalties; or
- Provide you with a different level of quality of goods or services.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS.
SECURITY & PROTECTION.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to Personal Information. This includes device safeguards used in accordance with industry standards. It is understood by you that the Personal Information you submit to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. Specifically, we recommend that you do not use unsecured or public channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information.