Summit K12 utilizes some of the most advanced technology for Internet security available today. When you access our site using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to registered Users in your organization. Your data will be completely inaccessible to your competitors.
Summit K12 provides each User in your organization with a unique username and password that must be entered each time a User logs on. Summit K12 issues a session “cookie” only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. The session “cookie” does not include either the username or password of the user. Summit K12 does not use “cookies” to store other confidential user and session information, but instead implements more advanced security methods based on dynamic data and encoded session IDs.
In addition, Summit K12 is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
DISCLAIMER FOR CALIFORNIA USERS.
Company Name: Summit K12 Holdings, Inc.
Address: PO Box 26841, Austin, Texas, 78755
Website URL: www.summitkl2.com
Website Name: Summit K12
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED.
Internet or Other Similar Network Activity. Browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Using the website, we collect certain information from your activity on our website, starting when you first arrive and accessing it on an electronic device. We may collect your IP address, device ID, advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, pages visited (including clicks and duration), and other related log information.
- ) “Cookies” Defined. Cookies act as data that is communicated between a user’s web browser and a website or application. They are stored on your device to help track their areas of interest, provide the best experience possible, and customize the content, products, services, offerings, and advertisements served on the website. Most web browsers adjust to your browser’s settings to decline or delete
cookies, but doing so may degrade the experience with our online services.
- ) 1-Pixel Images. Clear GIFs, pixel tags, or web beacons, which are generally 1-pixel, are transparent images located on a webpage or in an e-mail or other trackable source and may be used on our website in addition to any other communication offered by us. They are often used in connection with advertisements served to you that are interacted with, whether on our website or another online service and shared with us. This type of tracking is specifically meant to recognize users, assess traffic patterns, and measure site or campaign engagement.
- ) Flash Cookies. Local Shared Objects, sometimes known as “flash cookies,” may be stored on your device using a media player or other software. Flash cookies are similar to cookies in terms of their operation but may be managed in your browser in the same manner.
- ) First (1st) Party & Third (3rd) Cookies. First (1st) party cookies are stored by a domain (website) you are visiting directly. They allow us to collect analytics data, remember preferred settings (e.g., language, currency, etc.), and perform related functions. Third (3rd) party cookies are created by domains other than those you are visiting directly, hence its name “third (3rd) party.” They may be used for cross-tracking, retargeting, and ad-serving.
- ) Essential Cookies. Such cookies are technically necessary to provide website functionality. They act as a basic form of memory, used to store the preferences selected by a user on a given website or application. They are essential to browsing functionality and cannot be disabled by users. As an example, an essential cookie may be used to recognize a past user from having to log in each time they visit a new page in the same session.
- ) Performance and Function Cookies. Such cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of a website but are not essential to its use. However, without these cookies, certain functions (like videos) may become unavailable.
- ) Advertising Cookies. Such cookies are used to customize a user’s ad experience on a website. When using data collected from cookies, it can prevent the same ad from appearing multiple times in the same session or that does not offer a pleasant experience. Advertising cookies may be used to serve a user with related services, products, or offerings that they may have shown a level of related interest in their past user history.
If you would like to know more about cookies and how they are used, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website has advertisements. You may see advertisements by using our website. These advertisements may be for either 1) our own products, services, offerings, and content 2) via 3rd party advertising networks (such as AdSense) or 3) Affiliate programs such as the Amazon.com Associates Central or related services. The advertisements presented to you may use your personal information and may contact you through other channels outside of the website, such as telephone, e-mail, and mailings. We do not disclose your personal information to 3rd party advertisers except as permitted by applicable laws and regulations, and we require that such 3rd party advertisers follow such applicable laws and regulations when they collect information from you to transfer such information to us.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may use or disclose your Personal Information for the following purpose:
- Feedback. To get feedback on website improvements and generally provide an overall better experience
- Testing. For testing, research, and analysis of user behavior on the website.
- Protection. To protect against fraud, safeguard data, and the general security of the website.
- Security. To detect security incidents, verify human users, and avoid being subject to malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- Intended Purpose. As described for the intended purpose when collecting your personal information.
- Assessment. To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restricting, reorganizing, dissolution, or outright sale, either wholly or partially, of our assets in which your Personal Information becomes a part of such sale.
SELLING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Our policy is that we DO NOT sell your personal information.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We disclose your Personal Information to 3rd parties for business purposes. The general categories of 3rd parties that we share with are as follows:
- Our 3rd party service providers that, without their services, our website would not be able to function in its current manner;
- Affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you and our users improved services, products, and offerings;
- Other companies, affiliate partners, and 3rd parties that help us advertise products, services, and offerings to you, other users, and potential new customers;
- Third (3rd) parties to whom you, or an authorized agent on your behalf, authorized us to disclose your Personal Information;
- Third (3rd) parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation, or merger of our financial institution or affiliated business;
- Other third (3rd) parties to comply with legal requirements or to disclose Personal Information to government authorities per the rule of law.
- Third (3rd) parties that are consistent with our policies as well as our data privacy policies.
In the last 12 months, it is recognized that we have disclosed the aforementioned categories of Personal Information for business purposes.
RIGHT AND CHOICES.
This Section describes your rights and choices regarding how we collect, share, use, and protect your Personal Information, how to exercise those rights, and limits and exceptions to your rights and choices.
a) Exceptions. The rights and choices in this Section do not apply to you if the information being collected is:
- Aggregate consumer information;
- Deidentified Personal Information; and Publicly available information.
b) Access to Information. If the above exceptions do not apply, and you have not made this request more than twice in a 12-month period, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months from the date we receive your request. Once we receive and confirm your request on your behalf, we will disclose it to you or your representative:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling such Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information for a business or commercial purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in a form that you can take with you (also called a “Data Portability Request”).
c) Deletion (Erasure) Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collect from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from our records unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those for such activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws when the businesses’ deletion of the Personal Information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal and lawful uses of such Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
d) Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, deletion rights, or any other rights mentioned herein, a consumer or a consumer’s authorized agent may submit a verifiable request to us by using the contact details mentioned herein.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability in relation to this Section. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information is related to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided via a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
f) Authorized Agent.
An authorized agent is any person or legal entity registered with the Secretary of State or similar office that you have authorized to act on your behalf. If a request is made by an authorized agent acting on your behalf, we may require the following:
- Submission of evidence by you with your permission for the authorized agent to submit a verifiable request on your behalf;
- For you to directly acknowledge, via electronic communication, that the authorized agent is allowed to act on your behalf;
- Require the authorized agent to verify their identity; or
- For a power of attorney document to be submitted that is signed in accordance with state law.
We reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf and cannot verify their own identity to us.
g) Response Timing and Format.
As required under privacy laws, we agree to respond to any verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, with a maximum of 90 days, we will inform you, in writing, of the reason. Such notification will be by e-mail unless there is another preferred communication method provided.
If applicable, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the Personal Information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
No fee will be charged to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods, services, and offerings, including through granting
discounts or other benefits, imposing penalties; or
- Provide you with a different level of quality of goods or services.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS.
LINKING TO 3rd PARTIES.
SECURITY & PROTECTION.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to Personal Information. This includes device safeguards used in accordance with industry standards. It is understood by you that the Personal Information you submit to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. Specifically, we recommend that you do not use unsecured or public channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information.