Engaging. Differentiated. Aligned.
Through powerful comprehension strategies and authentic language tasks, ConceptLinks ® Literacy enables teachers to differentiate instruction in science and social studies to help all students achieve content mastery while developing each student’s language skills through the comprehensive language and literacy components included in our program program.
ConceptLinks® helps all students
- Learn the content at their natural reading level
- Build background knowledge and academic vocabulary
- Gain understanding of standards-based science and social studies content
- Develop essential reading comprehension skills and strategies
- Improve writing and oral language fluency
- Develop nonfiction reading skills and test-taking strategies to prepare for high-stakes assessments
Each ConceptLinks® module focuses on the skills and strategies students need to access content and to be successful in all their classes. Explicit, scaffolded instruction in reading comprehension strategies and language skills is integrated with standards-based content to help students become strong, strategic readers while they build their understanding of grade-level science and social studies content.
Ideal for a Range of Teaching Scenarios
ConceptLinks ® can be used in a variety of instructional scenarios for students in grades 2 through 8+, including:
- Science and Social Studies classrooms
- Reading and Language Arts
- Intervention and RTI
- ESL/ELD classes
- Title I
- Special education
- Summer school, after school, and extended day
- Teacher resource rooms or bookrooms